direct access storage device उदाहरण वाक्य
- Other forms of Direct Access Storage Device ( DASD ), such as drum memory devices or the IBM 2321 Data Cell, might give blocks addresses that include a cylinder address, although the cylinder address doesn't select a ( geometric ) cylindrical slice of the device.
- The sole exception is, of course, the ERP for direct access storage devices, which must always remain resident in order to recover from possible I / O errors on the IPL volume and on other volumes which contain datasets which may be concatenated with certain system datasets.
- A data set is typically stored on a direct access storage device ( DASD ) or magnetic tape, however unit record devices, such as punch card readers, card punch, and line printers can provide input / output ( I / O ) for a data set ( file ).
- In IBM zSeries computers with two direct access storage device ( DASD ) control units connected through dedicated connections, PPRC is the protocol used to mirror a DASD volume in one control unit ( the primary ) to a DASD volume in the other control unit ( the secondary ).
- Weiss said that if industry projections of a 35 percent price drop in 1996 for direct access storage devices ( DASD )-based products, such as StorageTek's Iceberg system, prove correct, " StorageTek would have to ship 55 percent more product " to maintain the revenue its DASD products generated in 1995.
- The DASD ( direct access storage device ) initialization program, IBCDASDI, or the DASD initialization application, ICKDSF, places a wait state PSW and a dummy CCW string in the 24 bytes, should the device be designated for data only, not for IPL, after which these programs format the VTOC and perform other hard drive initialization functions.
- IBM's System 360 operating system addressed the 2321 as a direct access storage devices, i . e ., a disk drive, with a 6-byte seek address of the form �BBSCH ( hexadecimal ) where the first byte is zero and the remaining bytes address the Bin ( i . e ., cell ), Bin ( i . e ., sub-cell ), Strip, Cylinder and Head.