handfasting उदाहरण वाक्य
- From about the 12th to the 17th century, the practice of " handfasting " was widespread in England.
- On the day of the handfasting ceremony, Bob proposes to Brenda, serenading her with a brass band.
- Handfasting was legally binding : as soon as the couple made their vows to each other they were validly married.
- Just as with church weddings of the period, the union which handfasting created could only be dissolved by death.
- Handfasting remained an acceptable way of marrying in England throughout the Middle Ages but declined in the early modern period.
- These practices included handfasting, engagements, common-law marriage, church weddings, gift exchange and clandestine marriages.
- At the handfasting, Darren judges her to be much older than he has been told, and attempts to force her into sexual relations.
- Although the form of any ritual that might have been employed is unknown, it is sometimes assumed that it was a type of handfasting.
- Janet Farrar and Gavin Bone married in a handfasting in May 2001, and then legally married in Northern Ireland ( Ulster ) in March 2014.
- English legal authorities held that, even if not followed by intercourse, handfasting was as binding as any vow taken in church before a priest.